Written by Cheap-Hotels.com
Thursday, 30 June 2011 16:19
The Washington DC Capital Region is a great place to visit and enjoy the vast number of beautiful, fresh botanical gardens. It is the home of the most popular and beautiful fresh plants and flowers.
Some travelers mistakenly think that traveling to botanical gardens is just about a lot of different flowers like what they have in their own back yards. Touring botanical gardens has nothing to do with botany at all. People come here to experience the serenity and beauty of the place.
We’re not all botanists, but for flower enthusiasts urban life is like living in the jungle, crowded with all sorts of machineries and electronics. Therefore, we need to have some vacation travel to change our everyday scenery. Botanical gardens are the best place for us to be relaxed and unwind because of the fresh fragrance of the flowers and the beauty of lush gardens.
There is nothing to worry about in the trip since there are tour packages that include the accommodation to some affordable hotels in nearby botanical gardens. Enjoy being at one with nature and have you stay at the most convenient hotels.
Here are the five (5) most visited botanical gardens in Washington:
- The U.S. Botanic Garden. It is well-maintain and cared by the Us Congress. US Botanic Garden is located at the adjacent ground of the US capitol. The garden contains the Conservatory, Bartholdi Park and the National Garden. The Conservatory was reopened last year 2001 after its four long years of renovation. Conservatory is compose of lilies, orchids, rain forest, azaleas and many others providing the great quality of activities during summer and rainy seasons. For how many years of being a famous and beautiful garden, just in recent year of 2006 National Garden opens to the public. Us Botanic garden offers a yearly celebration with its holiday themed show—“A’ Midnight Clear” which provides satisfaction for the visitors.
- Constitution Gardens. Located at the Ohio Drive Washington DC, it is a 50-acre garden full of wonderful landscapes, islands and lakes just along the Constitution Avenue. It has the Reflecting Pool and the Signers of the Declaration of Independence as a boundary in the north part.
- Washington National Cathedral Gardens. The garden is located at the highest point of the city of Washington where most of the ground of the Cathedral is filled with different beautiful gardens of flowers. It has a Bishop’s Garden full of beautiful magnolias, orchids and imported flowers from different countries. The Cathedral Little Garden was designed to look like the old medieval herbal garden.
- Tudor Place Historic Hose and Garden Situated at the 31st Street of Washington is the garden owned by the grand daughter of Martha Washington named Martha Curtis Peter. It has 5 and a half acres of land designed with bowling green, Flower Knots, Japanese Tea House and others. You can tour with a guide or just by yourself the whole day in the garden for more convenience and ease.
- Arnold Arboretum. It is the world’s oldest public shows with the great and leading plant center in the entire United States. It is being maintained by Harvard University. Its 265 acres of land is the home of numerous flower collections from the original plants in the area as well as the new species of North America and Asia.